A Message from Dr. John Watret
To our students,
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University – Worldwide has a distinctive mission and history that set us apart from other universities. Worldwide has grown from humble beginnings at Fort Rucker in 1970, with 20 students and a single location, to more than 125 locations in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia, and more than 23,000 students and 90,000 annual registrations. Today we are at the threshold of further growth on a global basis.
I believe our strengths are many, but the following stand out:
- Our commitment to student success. Embry-Riddle Worldwide continues to be a place where anyone interested in aviation/aerospace — regardless of age, geography, family responsibilities or other circumstances — can attend and thrive at a first-class university.
- Our commitment to academic quality. Embry-Riddle Worldwide is always dedicated to academic quality, to providing an exemplary teaching and learning experience, and to preparing our students for professional careers in the aviation industry.
- Our commitment to innovation. As a leader in distance education, Embry-Riddle Worldwide continues to develop and deliver online courses, EagleVision courses, and online/classroom blended courses, making quality higher education available to anyone — anywhere.
- Our commitment to student service. The faculty and staff at Embry-Riddle Worldwide pride themselves in their careful support of our students.
- Our commitment to the military community. Embry-Riddle Worldwide has a long-standing commitment to our servicemen and servicewomen, both active-duty and veteran, and take pride in being able to offer them quality education that meets their specific requirements.
Thanks to the work and support of our faculty and staff, our alumni and students, and so many people in the communities we serve, Embry-Riddle Worldwide stands ready to help you achieve your educational and career goals. We welcome you to share in the great Embry-Riddle tradition and be part of our promising future. And whether you are a new student, a continuing student, or one of our many alumni, let me offer you a warm welcome to Embry-Riddle Worldwide.
John Watret, Ph.D.