Upon course completion, students will be able to:
1. Evaluate the importance of simulation in aviation training programs.
2. Appraise the concept of training systems, their components, and the revolving training cycle.
3. Analyze "fidelity of simulation" in the aviation and aerospace environment.
4. Compare the components of a training effectiveness study.
5. Apply the concept of "Transfer of Training" (TOT) to an aviation and aerospace training program.
6. Analyze the activities that are involved in planning, conducting, and interpreting the data for a TOT evaluation of an aviation simulator, including instructional support features.
7. Evaluate current research and development activities in aviation simulation.
8. Discuss “state of the art” in aviation simulation, current research and development