Upon course completion, students will be able to:
1. Discuss the history of CRM, through the identification of the onset, evolution and the current state of CRM in both the civilian and military environments.
2. Relate the concept of CRM to principle safety programs and the overarching Safety Management System (SMS).
3. Demonstrate the impact of organizational culture and team factors in CRM by analyzing how organizational climate impacts the effectiveness.
4. Evaluate subordinate/superior relationships of flight crew and related issues such as assertiveness and followership.
5. Analyze the aeronautical decision making process.
6. Demonstrate the concept of situational awareness and how individuals and crews manage this awareness, especially in highly automated aircraft.
7. Examine workload management skills that enhance or detract from crew performance.
8. Identify and apply the key components of effective CRM training.
9. Evaluate differences in CRM programs within civilian, military and single-seat pilot environments.