Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
1. Assess the current and emerging technologies in space operations for use in commercial markets, both space-borne and Earth-borne.
2. Examine the commercial forces in spacecraft and satellite operations and the increasing internationalization of space activities.
3. Debate economic indices for advancing technology on spacecraft platforms.
4. Analyze military applications of spacecraft in strategic and defensive terms.
5. Evaluate the role of the military in space operations and hardware.
6. Analyze the systematic approach for planning spaceflight missions.
7. Analyze real and potential social and scientific contributions of space programs.
8. Determine the possibilities offuture space programs based on global needs and economic forces.