Upon course completion, the student will be able to:
1. Identify and discuss the rationale behind the need for qualitative data analysis.
2. Apply and solve problems using the different types of sampling techniques available.
3. Develop questionnaires and subsequently analyze the findings using both statistical and inferred techniques.
4. Conduct and analyze data from a range of interviewing procedures.
5. Develop and critique methodologies that are applicable at the graduate level.
6. Evaluate various types of academic research and identify weaknesses and good practices.7. Review, collate and present data from various literature sources.
8. Present quantitative data in written, table and diagram format.
9. Draw conclusions from detailed qualitative research.