Upon completion of the course, students will be able to do the following:
1. Explain the history and progress of world societies to the present day.
2. Identify the transitional forces and events that facilitate the historical process.
3. Interconnect political, economic and societal developments among social groups through historical periods.
4. Analyze primary and secondary historical sources to appreciate the documentation of historical truth.
5. Rationalize current events in the knowledge of history.
6. Relate developments in science and technology to their historical antecedence.
7. Make judgments and decisions in the knowledge of related experiences in world history.
8. Understand cause-effect relationships in the historical setting.
9. Realize the value of interrelating ideological, political, economic and societal developments among various groups throughout history.
10. Appreciate the impact of the Industrial Revolution on Europe and the world.
11. Demonstrate the ability to write history research and analytical papers at the college level.