Upon course completion, students will be able to:
1. Incorporate the most current environmental regulations into environmental protection programs and initiatives.
2. Develop and implement a formal environmental management system.
3. Establish organizational strategies and initiatives aimed at enhancing environmental conservation and sustainable business practices.
4. Evaluate risks and develop solutions to prevent and mitigate environmental hazards.
5. Create plans for spill or release reporting, containment and clean-up.
6. Communicate safety, health and environmental risks through effective risk communication techniques.7. Demonstrate appropriate selection and application of a research method and statistical analysis (where required), specific to the course subject matter (effective July 1, 2013).