Upon course completion, students will be able to:
1. Interpret system safety definitions and explain system safety principles.
2. Formulate an understanding of product development through life cycle phases and the impact of system safety.
3. Perform hazard analyses to effectively identify and evaluate hazards.
4. Recommend risk mitigation strategies to reduce associated risk to an acceptable level throughout the entire life cycle of a system.
5. Evaluate the effects of human factors on system safety and risk management.
6. Prepare a graduate level, quality research paper that produces a system safety program plan for a technical development.7.Demonstrate appropriate selection and application of a research method and statistical analysis (where required), specific to the course subject matter (effective July 1, 2013).