1. Use the basic properties of the real number system to perform algebraic operations including factoring, operations with fractions, exponents and radicals.
2. Solve linear, quadratic, absolute value, rational, exponential, and logarithmic equations. Transpose formulas and solve verbal problems that require the use these types of equations.
3. Solve linear inequalities and identify their solutions by using interval notation and graphs.
4. Use the distance, midpoint, point-slope-intercept formulas to solve problems involving line and line segments.
5. Solve verbal problems involving direct, inverse and joint variation.
6. Define function, domain and range; and identify examples of each.
7. Graph linear, quadratic, polynomial and rational functions by using standard forms, symmetry, intercepts, asymptotes, and vertical and horizontal shifts.
8. Graph exponential and logarithmic functions and solve word problems dealing with these functions.
9. Convert radians to degrees, degrees to radians and solve arc length problems using radians.
10. Define the six trigonometric functions and the fundamental trigonometric identities, and use them to find the values of various trigonometric functions.
11. Use the six trigonometric functions to solve right triangle problems, resolve vectors into rectangular components, and solve force and displacement problems using vectors.
12. Solve word problems by using linear systems of equations.
13. Solve oblique triangle problems using the Law of Sines and the Law of Cosines.