1. Identify basic functions from their graphs and evaluate limits from graphs and from algebraic expressions.
2. Find the derivative of a product, a quotient a composite and an implicit function.
3. Use the derivative to find tangent lines and interpret tangent slope as a rate of change. Apply rate-of-change concepts to problems involving straight line motion.
4. Use calculus to solve applied optimization problems.
5. Analyze graphs of polynomial functions using the derivative as a tool.
6. Find the anti-derivative of a function. Use these techniques to manipulate indefinite integrals.
7. Compute the area under a curve using approximate and exact methods. Interpret area for various functions arising in the field of Aeronautical Science.
8. Using integration, derive the equations of motion. Given initial conditions, find velocity and displacement equations.