1. Use basic properties of fractional and integer exponents and radicals to simplify algebraic expressions including expanding and factoring polynomial expressions and performing arithmetic operations on algebraic fractions, exponentials and logarithms.
2. Solve linear, quadratic, and factorable higher degree polynomial equations.
3. Use the properties of logarithms and exponentials to change forms and solve logarithmic and exponential equations.
4. Solve linear systems in two and three variables using substitution, elimination and Gaussian methods.
5. Solve linear and factorable algebraic inequalities.
6. Calculate slopes, determine the equation of any straight line and graph the line determined by any linear function.
7. Determine the domain and range of elementary, logarithmic and exponential functions, including graphically-defined functions. Identify and graph linear, quadratic, logarithmic, and exponential equations.
8. Recognize and evaluate composite functions and calculate and verify inverses of functions.
9. Set-up and solve elementary applied problems.
10. Perform arithmetic operations with complex numbers.
11. Solve inverse and direct variation problems.