Upon completion of the course students will be able to do the following:
1. Define psychology, describe its goals and methods, and distinguish it from other sciences which study human behavior.
2. Describe five major perspectives of psychology.
3. Describe brain function and how it affects behavior.
4. Discuss the principles of perceptual organization.5. Describe the stages of sleep and understand dreaming.
6. Describe the functions of the memory systems.
7. Identify the characteristics of intelligence as described by both layman and psychologists.
8. Describe the effects of stress (psychological and physiological).
9. Summarize the important physiological and psychological changes that occur during adolescence.
10. Define personality and distinguish among the major theoretical orientations.
11. Describe the basic theories and principles of motivation and emotion.
12. Define social psychology. Explain how social influences affect our attitudes, behavior, and emotions.
13. Complete Team Project