Upon course completion, students will be able to:
1. Describe how airlines segment consumers and build promotional packages for the different consumer segments.
2. Compare and contrast frequent flyer plans, co-branded credit cards, and relate how these marketing activities build consumer loyalty and databases.
3. Demonstrate the concept of data mining to discover consumer segments and apply integrated marketing communications to reach these consumers.
4. Relate the role of public relations, including media relations, in marketing the airport facility.
5. Recognize the role that aviation interest groups can play in aiding the airport manager in developing marketing strategies for the airport.
6. Discuss the role of retailing and customer service principles in serving the airport’s consumer traffic.
7. Evaluate the strong impact of "low-cost carriers" on "legacy carriers" and the strategic options available to respond to this challenge.
8. Analyze the market trends that have led to "business class only" airlines and evaluate the projected success of this segmentation strategy.