Upon course completion, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the capability of making rational decisions concerning personal spending, savings, and use of credit.
2. Calculate the effect of the time value of money on investment decisions.
3. Create a "Plan for Wealth" with goals, timetables, and investment options.
4. Research, collect, and analyze data and submit reports that reflect rational choices about: buying or renting housing, and buying or leasing an auto or other vehicle.
5. Demonstrate the capability of analyzing personal insurance needs and evaluating commercial products to fit those needs.
6. Apply the fundamentals of long-term investing by developing a portfolio of possible investments.
7. Develop an estate plan.
8. Demonstrate the ability to use spreadsheets and other computer software in the personal financial planning process.