Upon course completion, student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the various leadership traits and the professional and ethical responsibilities of leaders and followers.2. Demonstrate an understanding of the different approaches to leadership.
3. Analyze his or her preferred styles of leadership.
4. Explain theories of motivation.
5. Comprehend influencing others in terms of power, politics, networking, and negotiation.
6. Analyze leader/follower relations.
7. Apply coaching and conflict resolution, using effective verbal and written communication skills.
8. Demonstrate an understanding of team leadership and self-managed teams.
9. Analyze leadership of culture and diversity, and the learning organization.
10. Demonstrate an understanding of strategic leadership and managing crisis and organizational change.