Upon course completion, the student will be able to:
1. Describe threats to information security.
2. Identify methods, tools and techniques for combating information security threats.
3. Identify types of attacks and problems that occur when systems are not properly protected.
4. Explain integral parts of overall good information security practices.
5. Identify and discuss issues related to access control.
6. Describe the need for and development of information security laws, policies, and identify guidelines and models for writing policies and ethical behavior.
7. Define risk management and explain why it is an important component of an information security strategy and practice.
8. Describe the types of contingency plans and the steps involved in developing each.
9. Identify security issues related to personnel decisions, and qualifications of security personnel.