Upon course completion, the student will be able to:
1. Evaluate, calculate, and apply managerial accounting terms and concepts.
2. Evaluate, calculate, and apply cost, volume, profit analysis.
3. Analyze and classify the structure, contents, and then assemble a cash or flexible budget.
4. Evaluate, calculate, and apply absorption costing and variable costing.
5. Evaluate, calculate, and apply investment alternatives using net present value or the internal rate of return.
6. Analyze, calculate, and apply mixed costs.
7. Demonstrate appropriate and effective research skills in managerial accounting (for example, relevant costs, activity based costing, standard costs, and job order costing) and be able to communicate the results (written in APA format/oral) in this course.