Upon course completion, the student will be able to:
1. Understand and apply the nature and process of scientific inquiry within business research including literature review, methods, data collection, analysis and conclusions/findings.
2. Evaluate the various ethical issues involved in research.
3. Compare and contrast qualitative and quantitative research and be familiar with the use of both types of research.
4. Apply basic descriptive and inferential statistics and analytical techniques.
5. Demonstrate familiarity with the research resources or ERAU web based materials, electronic databases, and video and audio collections references through electronic or catalogue search and retrieval.
6. Evaluate and describe the various steps of the data collection process.
7. Analyze statistical results and create conclusions based on those results.
8. Understand the issues involved with theory construction, hypothesis development and hypothesis testing.
9. Apply principles learned in the course to reading and interpreting scholarly, empirical literature.