Upon course completion, students will be able to:
1. Analyze the concepts of corporate strategy, business strategy, functional strategy, and operational strategy in an overall model of strategy formulation and implementation.
2. Apply the leadership and ethical roles of strategic managers and their responsibilities to internal and external organizational stakeholders in making business and policy decisions.
3. Analyze the macro-environment for the key forces that are driving a sustainable competitive position and will continue to shape the firm’s future.
4. Analyze the aviation industry environment to deduce the locus of sustainable competitive position for an aviation business.
5. Analyze an organization’s internal environment to deduce the locus of sustainable competitive advantage.
6. Synthesize external and internal analyses to develop a generic strategy and subordinate sub-strategies appropriate to achieving a sustainable competitive advantage in an organization.
7. Generate global, multinational, and transnational strategies and sub-strategies for enabling a business to gain or maintain a competitive advantage.
8. Synthesize current business analyses in order to develop a long-term strategy that takes into account the evolutionary dynamics for business success.
9. Apply the concept of maximization of shareholder wealth in the development of corporate strategy and diversified portfolio.
10. Research and prepare a written business strategic plan or business plan. This plan must integrate and synthesize the concepts of the core MBAA and provide a viable plan of success for a firm.