Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Each student will define their philosophies of Quality Management based on the several quality concepts presented and design an implementation plan for those philosophies at three quality levels, (1) the organizational, the process level, and (3), performer/job level.
2. Analyze and comprehend the principles of Juran, Deming, and Crosby Quality Management Systems and their role in continuous process improvement and customer requirements.
3. Analyze the processes necessary to implement Quality Management in an organization.
4. Evaluate the impact of Quality Management culture in an organization and vice versa.
5. Assess strategies and techniques to improve quality and productivity.
6. Analyze the theory, approaches, and techniques for designing for quality and improvement oriented measurement systems.
7. Assess the impact of supplier involvement in the organization.
8. Debate the need for teamwork in quality management.
9. Evaluate the necessity for training in an organization.
10. Develop a basic understanding of Lean, Six Sigma, and Statistical Process Control methodologies and techniques and their potential to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency.
11. Exhibit comprehension of these objectives in essay format.