Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Know the concepts of strategic management and leadership and their importance in business.
2. Define the concept of competitive advantage as applied to the business environment and reflected in business strategy.
3. Describe the external business environment and know how to assess it.
4. Indentify the internal context of strategy and how a firm measures and leverages its internal resources, capabilities and value chain.
5. Comprehend various generic business strategies and the drivers of strategic and competitive positioning.
6. Identify business strategies for dynamic contexts.
7. Comprehend the rationale for corporate strategy and how corporate strategy creates competitive advantage.
8. Comprehend global corporate strategy as a strategic option.
9. Understand strategies designed to leverage business alliances and mergers and acquisitions.
10. Comprehend how organizational structure, systems and processes interface with corporate strategy.
11. Understand the role of corporate culture in business strategy, to include the importance of learning organizations.
12. Understand the strategic importance of corporate governance and the relationship between solid, principled corporate leadership and enduring success.