Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Compare, contrast, and define the different major theories of leadership.
2. Describe the findings in the early research on leadership behavior.
3. Explain the relationships between participative leadership, delegation, and empowerment.
4. Understand the use of dyadic relations and the major findings of dyadic relations, attributions, and followership.
5. Explain how power and influence are central to leadership.
6. Explain the components of trait theory and related managerial traits and skills.
7. Explain the relevance of the leadership situation and contingency theory.
8. Explain and evaluate the benefits of transformational and charismatic leadership.
9. Describe and analyze the role of leadership in organizational change.
10. Describe and analyze the relationships between effective leadership, teaming, and group decision making.
11. Describe and evaluate theories of ethical, authentic, and servant leadership.
12. Analyze the effects of gender and cultural diversity on leadership.
13. Analyze leadership skill development techniques.