Upon completion of this course, the students will be able to:
1. Manage aspects of their life and relationships through the application of lessons learned throughout the course involving time and stress management, problem solving, influence building, team building, delegation and empowerment, conflict resolution, and communication skills.
2. Complete a personal assessment of their management skills and have greater awareness of their limitations.
3. Demonstrate their understanding of the concept of Self-Awareness by describing their personal level of Self-Awareness and developing a Self-Awareness improvement plan.
4. Explain the major techniques that can be used on a short-term or temporary basis to reduce stress.
5. Explain specific techniques related to defining problems and generating alternatives that can enhance the creative problem-solving process.
6. Demonstrate their understanding of likeability and determine actions that they can take to increase their power and influence.
7. Describe the key steps a manager may take to foster exceptional behavior in subordinates, as well as the actions an employee might take if the steps are not used correctly.
8. Compare and contrast different conflict management strategies.
9. Discuss the 10 rules of thumb used to delegate work effectively and provide examples of each.
10. Explain the stages of team development and the key interpersonal behaviors typically exhibited by team members in each stage.
11. Create an effective oral presentation using the computer as a tool for communicating with groups.
12. Describe the "Five Ps" of effective meetings and prepare an agenda that they might use to lead a meeting in their workplace.
13. Describe the five key management skills and activities required to lead positive change.