Upon course completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Recognize organizational and global factors contributing to the accelerating rate of change.
2. Develop an understanding of the need for planned change.
3. Examine the culture and organizational factors that lead to effective organizations.
4. Describe the nature of change.
5. Explain the essential components in the change process.
6. Understand the leader’s role in the change process.
7. Define resistance to change and its function and list tactics for dealing with resistance to change.
8. Describe the major diagnostic models and techniques used in organizational development programs.
9. Develop interventions, activities, or programs designed to resolve problems or increase organizational effectiveness.
10. Given a case study in organizational intervention, evaluate the effectiveness of the intervention.
11. Assess, monitor, and stabilize changed organizations.