Upon course completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Recognize team problems and apply team development techniques within organizational interventions.2. Identify problems of intergroup conflict and sub-optimization and differentiate the causes of cooperative versus competitive group relations.
3. Describe and evaluate how management-by-objectives can be applied as a management system.
4. Apply the major findings of the research on goal setting to develop organizational and personal goals.
5. Examine and assess quality and productivity interventions.
6. Analyze organizations for evidence of the characteristics of learning organizations.
7. Explain the characteristics of a high-performing system.
8. Relate organization transformation to the change process.
9. Given a case study, evaluate the corporate culture and its relation to strategy.
10. Formulate a plan to maintain, internalize, and stabilize a change program.