Alignment with departmental program outcomes is indicated in parentheses. Upon completion of the course, students will be able to do the following:
1. Describe aspects of risk reduction education and overall community risk reduction.
2. Explain the fundamental aspects of codes and standards, and the inspection and plan review process.
3. Describe the fire investigation process and discuss fire prevention research.
4. Discuss historical and social influences and describe the master planning process.
5. Describe economic and governmental influences on fire prevention.
6. Explain the effects of departmental influences on fire prevention programs and activities.
7. Discuss strategies for fire prevention.