Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
1. Differentiate the levels of programming languages.
2. Identify the types of programming languages used to create software.
3. Understand what programs are, and understand the basic components of computer program.
4. Explain the general program development process.
5. Understand the three fundamental control structures: sequential, selection, and repetition.
6. Identify the types of data files.
7. Use the basic terminology of object-oriented programming.
8. Explain the different types of data that computers use.
9. Use concepts of modular design and structured programming to design and build simple programs, subprograms, procedures, and functions.