Upon course completion, the student will be able to:
1. Understand what risk is and describe the major components of risk to an IT infrastructure.
2. Define risk management and describe the importance of risk management to organizations.
3. Explain risk identifications and risk management techniques.
4. Compare and contrast threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits; and how they can be managed.
5. Illustrate how to develop a risk management plan.
6. Define risk assessment and describe its components and challenges.
7. Identify organization and information assets and describe the purpose of business impact analysis, business continuity planning, and disaster recovery planning.
8. Outline the different categories of controls and how to identify, analyze, and plan risk mitigation controls.
9. Illustrate the importance of business impact analysis, and describe its scope and objectives in mitigating risks,
10. Describe the importance and the purpose of the Business Impact Analysis, Business Continuity Plan, and Disaster Recovery Plan, and identify their key elements.