Upon course completion, the student will be able to:
1. Define Project Management and identify the five process areas and nine knowledge areas associated with it.
2. Define the criteria for project selection and develop project requirements by using project management tools.
3. Define project scope, schedule, and cost using project management tools and techniques.
4. Describe project risk management and how to apply risk management techniques.
5. Establish a project baseline and be able to monitor and control a project.
6. Formulate and implement a communication plan.
7. Understand the role of the project manager, project leadership, and the project team.
8. Describe the different project organizations, and the variables that lead to project success and failure.
9. Understand how to successfully apply and utilize effective project management to aviation-related projects.