Upon course completion, students will be able to:
1. Understand the role of management science as it applies to mathematical modeling.2. Explain the role that management science plays in the decision-making process.
3. Describe how to model management science problems to obtain optimal solutions.
4. Illustrate how to formulate and solve linear programming problems in order to make optimal decisions.
5. Illustrate how to formulate and solve linear programming applications in marketing, finance, and operations management.
6. Understand how to construct and solve distribution and network models.
7. Explain how to construct and solve PERT/CPM for project scheduling problems. )
8. Discuss how to solve problems involving inventory models.
9. Understand how to solve problems involving waiting line models.
10. Understand how to solve problems involving decision analysis models.