Upon completion of the course, students will be able to do the following:
1. Understand the importance of operations strategy and its competitive advantage for organization’s survival.2. Explain how to apply the quality management tools for process improvement.
3. Illustrate the applications of qualitative and quantitative models for forecasting demand of goods and services.
4. Discuss the concepts of aggregate planning, material requirements planning, and enterprise resource planning.
5. Point out the relationship between operations and other functional areas namely, marketing and finance.
6. Compare and Contrast the methods for location selection and different layout strategies.
7. Point out the approaches for managing capacity and demand in both service and manufacturing sectors.
8. Identify the approaches for managing inventory and the quantitative models for inventory control.