Upon course completion, students will be able to:
1. Explain the strategic marketing planning process and illustrate the scope of strategic planning activity by using an aerospace/aviation company.
2. Discuss methods used in selecting a specific strategic analysis and the guidelines for appraising the strategic situation. 2
3. Define product-markets and discuss options available in target market selection.
4. State the role of the four variables in strategic planning and explain the methods used to establish policies and decisions in each area.
5. Identify and discuss the steps in preparing the strategic marketing plan and the steps in building a strategic evaluation program.
6. Compete in a computer-based simulation accessing advanced strategic marketing skills.