Alignment with departmental program outcomes is indicated in parentheses. Upon completion of the course, students will be able to do the following:
1. Locate, evaluate, and analyze fire-related research.
2. Demonstrate the application of fire research to a research problem related to one of the course topics.
3. Conduct a literature review of current research on a fire-related topic.
4. Write a fire-related research proposal.
5. Design a research plan using one or more qualitative and/or quantitative methodologies.