Upon course completion, the student will be able to:
1. Define and characterize an Aviation Information System.
2. Distinguish and discriminate key airport information systems, airline information systems, and aircraft information systems, and their intended use.
3. Point out how the use of information systems in the aviation industry can lead to operational efficiency and competitive advantage.
4. Demonstrate knowledge of aviation information systems history, law, and regulations.
5. Outline the development and the current trends of information systems in the aviation industry.
6. Describe the benefits and challenges brought forward by the use of information systems in the aviation industry from the point of view of the different stakeholders.