Upon course completion, the student will be able to:
1. Compare and contrast the various types of UAS platforms, technologies and missions each platform is used for.
2. Identify the different types of sensor equipment that is currently available and correlate the various types of sensors that are appropriate for various missions.
3. Differentiate among the specific sensor capabilities used for various missions.
4. Explain the criteria unique to each specific sensing application.
5. Discuss platform requirements to accomplish a specific mission with mission goals and parameters.
6. Evaluate future capability requirements based on needs and gaps in current sensor capabilities.
7. Compare and contrast the relationships between the various sensors and sensor capabilities and interpretation of the data provided by those sensors.
8. Demonstrate appropriate selection and application of a research method and statistical analysis (where required), specific to the course subject matter.