Upon course completion, students will be able to:
5. Plan the organization and basic operating procedures of a flight department appropriate to the needs of the company and the kinds of operations anticipated.
6. Generate criteria for determining the advisability of acquiring a corporate aircraft and apply these criteria to different elements of a feasibility study.
7. Describe and apply the factors to consider when purchasing, leasing, or selling a corporate aircraft.
8. Explain existing security and flight procedures for domestic and international flight.
9. Describe and apply the factors that influence how maintenance will be performed on corporate and business aircraft.
10. Evaluate unique aircraft financing, depreciation, tax, insurance, and initial outfitting procedures to support corporate aircraft.
11. Understand and assess the role human resources play in safety, utility and efficiency.
12. Prepare a proposal (Feasibility Study) which analyzes the viability and cost- effectiveness of launching a corporate flight department.
13. Demonstrate appropriate selection and application of a research method and statistical analysis (where required), specific to the course subject matter. (Effective July 1, 2013).