Upon course completion, students will be able to;
1. Apply FAR requirements to flight and maintenance personnel participating in various advanced helicopter flight operations.
2. Create job pre-requisites for employment in this particular field of aviation.
3. Design an Organization Structure.
4. Generate job descriptions and the elements of the hiring process.
5. Implement basic elements of a feasibility study.
6. Apply best practices techniques for managing Corporate and Commercial Helicopter Flight Departments.
7. Develop a Capital and Operating Budget
8. Evaluate and select Aircraft Purchase or Lease Agreements.
9. Integrate special equipment used in advanced flight operations.
10. Produce an aircraft parts inventory and control procedures.
11. Compare and select Insurance – Airframe (Hull) and Liability.
12. Plan scheduled/unscheduled component and engine overhaul maintenance procedures.
13. Create training programs for flight, maintenance, and ground support personnel.
14. Design a Safety SOP which includes flight and ground operations safety practices.
15. Plan flight missions based on specific areas of operation.
16. Assess EPA, Hazmat and OSHA regulations pertaining to aviation activities.
17. Apply regulations pertaining to bulk aviation fuel purchases and fuel quality checks.
18. Interpret applicable FAR regulations pertaining to heliport design.
19. Integrate the human factors affecting specific types of advanced flight Operations.
20. Demonstrate effective speaking and writing skills.