1. Identify and use basic properties of the real number system (commutative properties, associative properties, identity elements, inverses, distributive property, etc.).
2. Perform the fundamental operations of arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division with rational numbers in both fractional and decimal form.
3. Solve simple linear equations and inequalities in one variable using the multiplication and addition properties of equality.
4. Use ratio, proportion and percents in problem solving.
5. Identify polynomials and perform the basic operations of addition, subtraction, and multiplication on polynomials.