Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
1. Identify parts of speech in given sentences.
2. Recognize a variety of sentence structures.
3. Use coordination and subordination for sentence emphasis.
4. Correct grammatical errors in sentences involving incorrect usage of pronouns, verbs, modifiers, and parallelism.
5. Repair run-on sentences and sentence fragments.
6. Evaluate sentences and paragraphs for grammar, punctuation, and usage errors.7. Develop a paragraph with a topic sentence and supporting details, free of grammatical errors.
8. Apply learned skills to a short essay containing introduction, body, and conclusion.