Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
1. Employ a variety of pre-writing techniques to explore a topic.
2. Identify nine patterns of paragraph development.
3. Develop a clear point and support it with adequate and specific support.
4. Evaluate paragraphs and essays for unity, support, and coherence.
5. Arrange well-organized paragraphs into unified, coherent essays.
6. Apply the four steps of the writing process to essay development.
7. Revise writing for unity, support, and coherence
8. Edit work for correct grammar, mechanics, and punctuation.9. Produce multiple drafts to improve writing.