Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
1. Plan technical communications activities.
2. Explain the importance of audience analysis in technical communication and be able to apply it in a practical context.
3. Explain and apply the particular conventions of various business correspondences.
4. Identify the unique characteristics of and strategies for electronic correspondence.
5. Explain and apply the basic principles and common components of instructional documentation.
6. Recognize ethical implications in technical communications decisions.
7. Recognize the important role that graphics and other visual elements play in a document.
8. Communicate in writing with minimal spelling and grammar errors.
9. Apply proper APA format and citations.
10. Prepare a formal business proposal in an individual or collaborative team structure.
11. Prepare a formal presentation in an individual or collaborative team structure.
12. Apply good document design and usability principles.
13. Apply technical documentation concepts in a summative project or formal technical report.