Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
1. Discuss the foundations of business communication, effective business communication, communication in teams, and the critical importance of a) listening, b) nonverbal communication, c) intercultural communication.
2. Apply the principles of the writing process to plan, write, and complete business messages and communications.
3. Write sound and effective letters, memos, e-mails, and instant messages.
4. Research a topic and present the findings and conclusions in an organized written format.
5. Plan, write, and complete business reports and proposals.
6. Plan, write, and complete oral presentations using visual aids.
7. Prepare for successful résumés, job applications, and interviews.