Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
1. Complete a creative writing assignment in more than one genre.
2. Correctly analyze and critique in writing or orally their writing efforts.
3. Evaluate other students' writings in writing or orally.
4. Compare and contrast in writing or orally established writers' styles to their writing style.
5. Judge and explain in writing or orally what makes a creative work successful, including the importance of a particular writing style, adherence to genre expectations, and/or the relevance of the subject to contemporary issues.
6. Discuss in writing or orally the ethical responsibilities of a creative writer, including whether or not there are any.
7. Conduct an analysis to determine potential markets for a selected piece of writing.
8. Prepare a submission package for a selected piece of writing.