Graduation Requirements and Honors
The following summary of graduation requirements is provided for all students. An Embry-Riddle master’s degree will be conferred upon the successful completion of the general requirements of the University and the specific requirements of the degree sought.
- All courses, theses, GRPs, and other academic requirements must be successfully completed as appropriate for the applicable catalog.
- Students pursuing a master’s degree must earn a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.00 for all work completed at the University.
- The student is not on Academic Warning.
- All debts and obligations to the University are satisfied.
- The student is not under University investigation for misconduct or other disciplinary matters.
- A student must be enrolled in the semester in which he/she graduates.
- An application for graduation must be initiated by the student and received in the time limit specified by the Records Office. A nonrefundable graduation fee will be charged to the student's account.
- Participation in graduation exercises will not be permitted, a diploma will not be awarded, nor a transcript annotated as complete, until all of the degree requirements have been satisfied.
Graduation honors recognize students who have completed a graduate degree program and who have excelled academically throughout their graduate careers. To be eligible, graduate students must have completed their degree program with an Embry-Riddle cumulative grade point average of 4.00 based on grades received in all courses that apply to specific degree requirements. The student’s diploma and transcript will be annotated WITH DISTINCTION.