Upon course completion, students should be able to:
1. Categorize the new digital innovations and web technology trends and how they affect modern data architecture and governance in Information Systems.
2. Describe the functions and the technologies of database management, and the essential role of data networks, communication structures, and cyber security management in maintaining successful Information Systems.
3. Demonstrate the ability to optimize internet search engines and maximize on web technologies and social networking in order to gain an advantage edge in business.
4. Identify the key challenges in e-businesses and the how to improve the process, facilitate business functions and trade methods using mobile commerce technologies.
5. Evaluate the various business functions, and distinguish the common enterprise systems and their interactions with data visualization applications.
6. Explain the different methods of IT strategies and test the concepts used in project management.
7. Distinguish and compare the multiple phases of the system development life cycle and defend the importance of detailed and extensive feasibility studies.
8. Evaluate and explain the topic of ethical risks of newer technologies and IT innovations, and their impact on quality of life, safety, and interpersonal relationships.