Transfer Students

For the purposes of admission, a transfer student is defined as any student who has earned college-level credit from an accredited degree-granting institution after graduating from high school. Embry-Riddle considers each application for transfer admission individually, reviewing the student’s academic record, grades received in all college-level courses and the rigor of the student’s academic program. College courses completed as dual enrollment while concurrently enrolled in high school do not qualify applicants as transfer students.

To be considered for admission, a transfer applicant must have a minimum of a 2.0 cumulative grade point average (CGPA) on a 4.0 scale from an accredited degree-granting institution. When an applicant has attended more than one institution, a cumulative average for all previous college work attempted will be calculated to determine the overall CGPA.

Transfer students must also have:

  • Official transcripts from all accredited degree-granting colleges and universities (post-secondary institutions) attended
  • Military transcripts and documents, if applicable 
  • Official high school transcript, or equivalent (GED, HiSET or TASC) with a 2.5 Unweighted GPA or higher assessed on a 4.0 scale will be required of applicants who have not served in the United States military, if fewer than 12 semester hours of college level credit have been earned

Admission into some degree programs may require an applicant to have a higher CGPA, meet other special requirements, and/or submit additional documentation.


For both undergraduate and graduate applicants, additional documentation may be required for admission and consideration of credit from military, licensure, or other documented experiential learning.


All applicants who have educational experience outside the United States are required to provide an official course-by-course evaluation in English, to include the cumulative grade-point average, unless specifically exempted through a qualifying ERAU program. Refer to the International Admissions section of the catalog for details on foreign credential evaluations.