M.S. in Aerospace Engineering
Available Spring 2017
Aerospace engineers are in huge demand for industries from military services to space travel, and the right degree from a prestigious institution can open doors for a lifetime. Embry-Riddle’s Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering has been one of the field’s most sought-after degrees for decades.
You will develop the skills to conquer challenges currently facing military and commercial air and spacecraft technology. You’ll be prepared to participate in and lead cutting-edge research projects. You’ll gain entry into the highest levels of private and government operations.
And now, you’ll be able to get your MSAE from the convenience of your home. No commute, no classroom, no rigid schedule. It’s education designed around your life.
After completing the MSAE, you will be prepared to participate in the development of military and commercial aircraft, spacecraft designs, and government projects. You will also be positioned to continue your studies with advanced research through programs such as Embry-Riddle’s Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering.
Applicants for admission to the MSAE Degree Program must meet the following criteria:
- Provide evidence of an undergraduate Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering or equivalent with a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.0 or higher, on a 4.0 scale. If earned in the United States, the degree must be from an ABET-accredited program. Applicants with graduate coursework must meet the established graduate transfer CGPA.
- Submit (3) letters of recommendation, including (2) from a recent instructor.
- Submit a current resume outlining your education, work experience, special activities and awards.
- Prepare a type-written Statement of Objectives, demonstrating strong capacity for written communication and elucidating the following topic areas:
- A description of the applicant's reasons for wishing to do graduate work in the field chosen
- A description of the applicant's interests and background
- A description of the applicant's long-term professional goals, defining how Embry-Riddle’s MSAE program supports those interests and goals
Download the MSAE Program Recommendation Form
|AENG 502||Strength and Fatigue of Materials||3|
|AENG 510||Aircraft Structural Dynamics||3|
|AENG 511||Engineering Materials Selection||3|
|AENG 514||Introduction to the Finite Element Method||3|
|AENG 522||Analysis of Aircraft Composite Materials||3|
|AENG 534||Smart Materials for Aerospace Applications||3|
|AENG 540||Structural Health Monitoring||3|
|AENG 595Z||Applied Engineering Analysis for Aerospace Applications||3|
|AENG 612||Analysis of Aircraft Plate and Shell Structures||3|