University Withdrawal/Refund Schedule

First week 100%*
After first week 0%*

Unless specified by Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU), contract, or state regulations.

Students who withdraw from a course when the effective date of the withdrawal does not fall under a refund period are responsible for their tuition. Request for refunds due to circumstances clearly beyond the student’s control, such as illness, required military service, etc., must be in writing and accompanied by appropriate documentation, such as a physician’s statement, military orders, etc.

For nonmilitary students enrolled in Alaska, California, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Nevada, North Dakota, Oregon, and Tennessee, refund tables are available at local Worldwide locations or on the State Authorization and Compliance site.

PhD in Aviation Cancellation and Refund Policy

PhD in Aviation Cancellation and Refund Policy
First Week 100%*
Second Week75%*
Third Week50%*
Fourth Week25%*
After Fourth Week0%*

* Unless specified by Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), contract, or state regulations.

PhD in Aviation course terms are offered three times per year and are 12-weeks in length.

Arizona Students Cancellation and Refund Policy

An applicant rejected by the school is entitled to a refund of all monies paid.

An applicant who provides written notice of cancellation within three days (excluding Saturday, Sunday, and federal and state holidays) of signing an enrollment agreement is entitled to a refund of all monies paid. No later than 30 days after receiving the notice of cancellation, the school shall provide the 100% refund.

An applicant requesting cancellation more than three days after signing an enrollment agreement and making an initial payment, but prior to entering the school, is entitled to a refund of all monies paid (minus an administrative or registration fee, not to exceed $200, if applicable).

Georgia Students Cancellation and Refund Policy

Refund Policy:  If an institution’s refund policy is more beneficial to Georgia students, the institution shall follow its refund policy and provide refunds of tuition to Georgia students as provided in that policy. Georgia refund policy states that the refund percentage shall be computed on a pro rata basis up to 50% attendance.

If a satisfactory resolution cannot be reached through the institution’s refund policy, you may contact GNPEC for further assistance. To file a complaint with the state contact the Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission at
Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission
2082 East Exchange Place, Suite 220
Tucker, GA 30084
Phone: 770-414-3300

Oklahoma Students Cancellation and Refund Policy

If a student receiving Veterans Administration (VA) funds withdraws from a course, a debt between the student and VA may be created as a result. VA funds remaining in the student’s account after a drop, late drop or withdrawal will be returned to the VA. Any credit created by a student payment, Title IV funds, or non-tuition specific scholarship after the VA portion of the student’s tuition has been deferred will be refunded to the student after the drop period.

Virginia Students Cancellation and Refund Policy

The minimum refund policy for a school that financially obligates the student for a quarter, semester, trimester or other period not exceeding 4 ½ calendar months shall be as follows:

  • A student who withdraws during the add/drop period shall be entitled to 100% refund.
  • A student who withdraws during the first ¼ (25%) of the period receive a 50% refund.
  • A student who withdraws between ¼ (25%), but less than ½ (50%) of the period receive a 25% refund.
  • A student who withdraws after completing ½ (50%) or more than ½ (50%) of the period is not entitled to a refund.

If a satisfactory resolution cannot be reached through the institution’s refund policy, you may contact SCHEV for further assistance.  Students will not be subject to adverse actions by any school officials as the result of initiating a complaint.  To file a complaint with the state, contact the State Council of Higher Education in Virginia .

Department of Education Withdrawal/Refunds Policy

Standards of Academic Progress for Federal Financial Aid Recipients

Federal regulations require ERAU to define minimum standards of satisfactory academic progress (SAP) to determine your eligibility for financial aid. ERAU must set certain standards to ensure you are progressing toward degree completion.  If you do not meet the standards, you will not be able to receive financial aid.

How is SAP measured?
The following measurements will be reviewed to determine good standing for continued financial aid eligibility:
    Qualitative:    College level grade point (Cumulative GPA)
    Quantitative (Pace):   College credits completed and time frame needed to complete the degree

What are the standard requirements?
•    Undergraduate students: Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
•    Graduate students: Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0

Quantitative /Pace:
•    College credits hours completed: required to complete 67% of total credit hours attempted.
How to calculate PACE
Cumulative number of credit hours student successfully completed
Cumulative number of credit hours student attempted

Application of Grades and Credit Hours
Credit hours attempted are all course credit hours for which you are enrolled as of the end of add/drop period.
For calculating credit hours, grades of “F” (failure), “I” (incomplete), “IP” (in progress), “W” (withdrawn), “WP” (withdrawn passing), “WF” (withdrawn failing), “U” (unsatisfactory), AU (audited), FX (ceased attendance) and repeated courses, are counted as hours attempted but not as credit hours completed.

For example, a sophomore that has attempted 60 credit hours and has satisfactorily completed 48 of those credit hours would have completed 80% of attempted credits hours.

•    Time frame needed to complete the degree: You are not allowed to attempt more than 1.5 times, or 150%, of the number of hours in your degree program of study.
A sample of the maximum allowable attempted hours is noted below:

No. Credit Hours in                     150% of Degree Program       Maximum Allowable Attempted
   Degree Program                                  Credit Hours
    120             x                                      1.5 (150%)               =                  180 hours
    129             x                                      1.5 (150%)               =                  194 hours
These maximum credit hours may vary depending on your specific program.

Repeat Courses
For courses repeated during your program of study, both the original and repeated credit hour will be counted as attempted hours in rate of progress calculations.

Transfer Credit Hours/Change of Degree Program
Transfer credits that are accepted toward your educational program count as both attempted and completed credits.

Withdrawing from courses
Withdrawing from courses may impact your financial aid awards. Before withdrawing from class, you should contact the Financial Aid Office to determine the consequences.
Withdrawing from the university or dropping all courses in a term
Students who totally withdraw or drop all courses in a term, and receive aid may owe the university money. Before withdrawing from the university, you should contact the Financial Aid Office to determine the consequences

When are these standards reviewed?
The standards are reviewed once each academic year at the end of the spring semester. Email notifications will be sent to your ERAU email account, if you fail to meet the SAP standards.

What happens if I’m not meeting the standards?

Financial Aid Suspension
Students who fail to meet satisfactory academic progress are placed on financial aid suspension. You will not receive federal or institutional aid during this suspension.

Can I appeal my suspension?
You have the option to appeal the suspension. An appeal must be based on extenuating circumstances that seriously affected academic performance such as student or parent injury or illness, death of a relative or other special circumstances.

The Appeal Process
Contact the Financial Aid Office to begin processing an appeal. We will supply you with the appeal form and required steps. You will need to explain what type of circumstances contributed to the academic problem and what plans you have to eliminate those problems in the future. We realize that sharing personal information can be difficult. Be assured that your statement will remain confidential. An academic plan approved by an academic advisor may be required.

Financial Aid Probation
For students who are successful in their appeal, aid will be reinstated; however, placed on probation for one payment period/term. At the conclusion of the probation term, you must be meeting the school’s SAP standard in order to qualify for further Federal Title IV Funding. If you are academically suspended, dismissed, or not permitted to continue your enrollment, you will not be eligible to receive financial aid.

You may reestablish your eligibility for financial assistance by achieving the satisfactory academic progress standards. Keep in mind this will be at your own expense as you are ineligible for aid. Once you have earned the required grade point average or completed the required credit hours, you must contact Financial Aid to request the reinstatement of your financial aid eligibility

Do these standards apply to every financial aid program?
These standards are related directly to the Federal Financial Aid programs.  However, state, institutional and private sources of aid have other standards that must be considered. Refer to your state web sites to review the specific criteria for each program. Contact the Financial Aid staff to determine the specific requirements of each type of aid that you receive.

Return of Federal Financial Aid Funds

Students who withdraw, receive an “F” for *non-attendance or *non-participation from all of their classes are subject to the Return of Title IV Federal Financial Aid Programs Policy.  

 *If a student ceases to attend ALL registered classes and/or ceases to participate in an academically related activity at any point during their Semester or Term of enrollment the faculty will use their discretion to assign an appropriate grade and supporting last date of attendance. For more information, please review your campus catalog for grading and academic policies.

How does ERAU determine the Return of Title IV Funds amount?

Students earn a percentage of their federal financial aid each day they are enrolled.  When a student withdraws from all their courses or ceases attendance or non-participation in all courses in a semester/term, this percentage is calculated by the number of days attended divided by the number of days in the semester/term.

The amount of federal aid you received and your institutional charges will also be used to determine the amount of federal funds to be returned.

Students withdrawing beyond 60% of the semester/term will have 100% of Title IV programs funds earned.

Who is responsible for the Return of Funds?

Both the university and/or the student could be responsible for the return of funds.  The financial responsibility is determined as part of the Return of Title IV funds calculations.  If the university is responsible, the funds are returned to the appropriate program.

If the student is responsible, direct loans are returned according to the promissory note.  If any portion of the return of funds is due to a grant program, the university will return the funds, on behalf of the student.  In some cases, the student may have a balance owed to the university.

How will the money be returned?

The money will first be returned to the loan and/or grant programs that you received during the semester.  ERAU must follow a specific order in returning the money.  The order is:

1. Federal Unsubsidized Direct/Stafford Loan

2. Federal Subsidized Direct/Stafford Loan

3. Federal Parent PLUS Loan for Undergraduate Students

4. Federal Perkins Loan

5. Federal Pell Grant

6. Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)

7. Other Federal Programs

Is there anything else I should know if I withdraw from the university?

Yes, if you must withdraw from ERAU, you should contact your campus or online advisor who will guide you through the process.

In addition to the Return of Title IV Funds Policy, the Bursar’s Office will apply an institutional Refund Policy as defined in the catalog, to determine if you are eligible for a tuition credit.  For more information concerning the Institutional Refund Policy, contact the Bursar’s Office.

***Circumstances may necessitate withdrawal from the University for a semester or term in which you are already registered. Withdrawal from all sites and locations impacts your financial aid differently depending on when the withdrawal is initiated and the type of financial aid you received. However, in all cases, your financial aid must be recalculated.