The EAGLEcard is the official Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University identification card and should be readily available at all times to present to University officials who may request identity verification. TheEAGLEcard is the property of ERAU, which reserves the right to revoke use of the EAGLEcard on any of its accounts at any time. Only the individual to whom it is issued may use the EAGLEcard. Other uses include:
- Activity Card: Your EAGLEcard allows you access to student activities, events, games, voting, and other services provided by Embry-Riddle.
- Access Card: If you reside in on-campus University Housing, your EAGLEcard will give you access to the residence halls. Also, certain labs and buildings require the use of an EAGLEcard for entry.
- Library: You must present your EAGLEcard each time you check out library materials.
- Debit Card: The Eagle Dollar account can be used at any University point of sale, including vending, and laundry machines.
- Meal Plans: These are accessed via your EAGLEcard. (See the Dining Services section for more information on meal plans.)
The Eagle Dollars Account has a minimum deposit is $1.00. Deposits can be made at the Cashier Office or via the Web through ERNIE under My Accounts . The University reserves the right to suspend any account if a negative balance goes unpaid for more than 30 days, or if a student account is delinquent.
The cardholder must present their EAGLEcard at the time of purchase. All sales transactions charged to an account through the use of the Eagle Card are final at the point and time of sale. The cardholder is responsible for observing the amount charged during the transaction and monitoring balances. A cardholder can check their account balances online through ERNIE under My Accounts .
The cardholder may request a detailed statement of the EAGLEcard transaction history and/or activity at the EAGLEcard Office.
Account Closing and Refund
Your funds in an EAGLEcard account are not transferable and there are no cash withdrawals permitted from the account. The funds will stay there semester-to-semester, year-to-year, and will not be refunded unless the cardholder withdraws, graduates, or is dismissed from the University, with proof required. A request for a refund must be submitted to the Cashier’s Office.
Lost or Stolen Card
The cardholder is required to immediately contact the Eagle Card Center in Building 13 during normal business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.), the Safety Office after business hours, or via the Web through ERNIE under My Accounts Manage My EAGLEcard, if an EAGLEcard is lost or stolen. The cardholder is responsible for all transactions charged to their accounts prior to proper notification to the EAGLEcard Center, the Safety Office, or via the Web. Once the card has been reported as lost or stolen, all accounts and privileges accessed with use of the EAGLEcard will be deactivated.
Replacement of Lost/Stolen or Replacement Cards
A replacement fee of $15.00 will be charged for lost cards. The fee will be waived if a card was reported as stolen and a report number was issued by Campus Safety. A replacement fee of $5.00 will be charged for damaged cards if the cardholder turns in the non-functioning card to the EAGLEcard Office.
If you feel there has been an error on your account, please notify the EAGLEcard Office within 60 days from the date of the transaction in question. In order to resolve the problem, we will require the following:
- Name and student ID number
- Description of the error or transaction in question
- Dollar amount of the transaction in question
- A clear explanation of why you believe there is an error.
Disclosure of Accounting Information to Third Parties
The University will disclose information to third parties about the account holder’s account(s) or the transfer made only:
- in order to comply with court orders or other applicable laws, or
- if the account holder gives written or verbal permission, or
- if the student’s account receivables is in the third party’s name.
All policies and procedures are subject to change.