Women's & Diversity Center
Student Union 107 (928) 777-3968
Who we are:
The Women’s and Diversity Initiative acts as both a resource and an advocate for diversity, including groups underrepresented on the Embry-Riddle campus (women, people of color, LGBTQ/gay community, diverse belief and socioeconomic groups, etc.). Our goal is to assist in the improvement of the diversity climate on campus for students, staff, and faculty by promoting mutual respect for the celebration of differences. The Initiative accomplishes this through educational programs, recommendations to various University departments, and development of long-term measures focused on increasing campus diversity and improving campus climate.
Part of the Women’s and Diversity Initiative, the Women’s and Diversity Center serves as a cultural center and safe space for various groups on campus, including women, students/people of color, and LGBTQ populations. We also are the proud hosts of Hillel and directly sponsor the PRIDE Network, Campus Progressives, Black Student Association, Raices Unidas, and other clubs and organizations.
- Producing programs for and about diverse groups on campus (Black History, Women’s History, Latin@ Heritage, MLK Day, Pride)
- Reaching out to the campus at large with programs, training, and consultation (Celebration of Communities of Color, Year of Women's Bonding, Safe Zone Training, Social Justice Week, March Against Rape Culture, Red Flag Program, speakers such as UN Director For Women Netherlands Marije Cornelissen)
- Supporting (financially and otherwise) the activities of campus groups who contribute to the diversity of ERAU – Prescott (Women in Aviation, National Gay Pilots Association, Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, Society of Women Engineers, Black Student Alliance, and others)
- Providing a safe outlet for individuals and groups to voice their diversity, equity, and inclusion concerns
- Providing advocacy for individual and group interests
- Promoting and supporting campus safety and sexual assault prevention initiatives
- Performing campus-wide assessment activities to identify the current climate, obstacles to diversity, and fruitful initiatives for the future (Diversity 7-Year Planning Committee)
The Women’s and Diversity Initiative is supported by the Diversity Advisory Board, comprised of student, faculty, and staff representatives from the Embry-Riddle Prescott Campus. The Board advises both the Director of the Women’s and Diversity Initiative, and the campus at large, on policy and program issues, contributes to various programming efforts, and provides direct financial support to diversity-focused efforts on campus. The Women’s and Diversity Initiative promotes “Inclusive Excellence” to enhance the diverse and global mission of the University.